Banking & Investing News
Our team of economic professionals help to keep our clients up to speed on recent financial news and market outlooks so that they’ll have the information needed to manage and grow their wealth.
Huntington’s chief investment officer discusses the markets and how they're likely to perform in the face of Trump deregulation.
Our team of investment professionals aptly referred to 2016 as the “roller coaster” year. Stocks began the year with a modest sell-off yet finished strong.Read article
Spotlight in the News
- CBS MoneyWatch: Dow tops 20,000 mark after month-long tease, 1/25/17, The Dow Jones industrial average crossed the 20,000 mark for the first time Wednesday, with the blue-chip index reaching that threshold after hovering just south of it for more than a month. Read Now
- TheStreet.com: 3 Stocks Ripe for a Big Rebound in 2017, 1/19/2017, Nike, Disney and Amgen shares struggles in 2016. Here’s why they are ready to rebound in 2017. Watch Now
- Bloomberg: Huntington’s Augustine: Positioned for ’Inflationary’ Populism, 1/19/17, In-depth and insightful interview on a range of topics. Listen Now
- Bloomberg: Will Donald Trump suffer the GOP stock curse: a bearish 2017?, 1/19/17, Interesting historical look at previous administrations and their economies. Watch Now
Wealth Management and Personal Investment Services
Huntington was recently recognized by Greenwich Associates with the 2015 Excellence Award for our likelihood to be recommended in Wealth Management and Personal Investment Services.
- Economic Outlook November 2016 Consumers leading the way Consumer spending continued to drive the U.S. economy in the third quarter, which grew 2.9% in the third quarter - the fastest pace since the third quarter of 2014. Read article
- Economic Outlook August 2016 Consumer spending improved in the second quarter But sluggishness in the rest of the economy kept GDP growth slow. Read article
- Economic Outlook May 2016 Emerging Risks in the International Economy The international economy will likely continue to pose risks to the U.S. economy in 2016. Read article
- Economic Outlook April 2016 Slow but Steady on the Backs of Consumers High inventories create headwinds to economic growth in goods producing sectors. Read article
- 3rd Quarter 2016 Review Consumer spending continued to drive the U.S. economy in the third quarter, which probably grew at its fastest pace since the second quarter of 2015. Read article
- 2nd Quarter 2016 Review The U.S. economy accelerated during the second quarter from the previous two quarters, but its performance remained mixed at the sector and industry levels. Read article
- 1st Quarter 2016 Review The U.S. economy is forecasted to return to a moderate pace of 2% real GDP growth in Q2 2016 through Q4 2016. Read article
- CNBC: Stay with blue chip industrial stocks: Investor, 10/3/16, Huntington’s chief investment officer advises investors to stick with blue chip industrial stocks during a CNBC appearance. Watch Now
- CNN Money: Bulls are alive and well, 7/15/2016, The Dow and S&P are back at all-time highs. Read Article
- MoneyShow: Blue Chip Trio, 6/13/16, MoneyShow talks with Huntington about their asset allocation strategy, their current outlook for markets and a trio of favorite blue chip stocks — a leading hotelier, a blue chip play on oncology and a turnaround in the media and cable sector. Read Article
Huntington Private Client Group is a team of professionals dedicated to delivering a full range of wealth and financial services. The team is comprised of Private Bankers, who offer premium banking solutions, Huntington Wealth and Investment Management professionals, who provide, among other services, trust and estate administration and portfolio management from The Huntington National Bank, and licensed investment representatives of The Huntington Investment Company, who offer securities, investment advisory services and insurance.
Huntington Private Client Group℠ is a service mark of the Huntington Bancshares Incorporated.
Still Have Questions?
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, let us know. We’re ready to help in person, online or on the phone.