Variable Life Insurance
Variable Universal Life (VUL) Insurance is insurance with earning potential. VUL gives you the ability to invest your policy's cash value in a wide variety of investment funds. Your policy has the potential to build cash value over time based on the performance of your choice of funds. It offers you the flexibility to adjust your premium and coverage amounts as needed. Because VUL is tied to the performance of various securities markets, it may provide an important hedge against inflation. This can help keep the value of your life insurance policy from eroding due to rising costs of living. VUL allows you to withdraw money or to borrow from the policy during your lifetime.
Here are some advantages of VUL:
- Premiums are invested in mutual funds that you select.
- Policyholder can borrow against cash value at low rates (death benefit is reduced by any outstanding loan balance and investment performance may also be affected).
- Policyholder can adjust amount of premium paid (coverage amount varies accordingly).
- Cash value accumulates tax-deferred.
- Possible source of retirement income or cash for special needs.
DISCLOSURE: Securities, including variable products are offered through The Huntington Investment Company, Registered Investment Advisor, member FINRA/SIPC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Huntington Bancshares, Inc. Brokerage accounts are maintained through National Financial Services, LLC. Securities products are Not FDIC insured, Not insured by any federal government agency, Not obligations of, deposits of, or guaranteed by Huntington National Bank or its affiliates, May Lose Value.
Insurance products are offered by Huntington Insurance, Inc., a licensed agency.