Banking & Investing News
Chief Investment Officer John Augustine and Director of Economics Dr. George Mokrzan continue to closely monitor the markets and offer their perspectives on what led to the recent uptick in volatility.Read Article
More Insights from Our Private Bank Team
Forbes features Huntington insights on markets, economy
Chief Investment Officer John Augustine talks to Forbes about three big factors impacting the markets and what they mean for investors.Read More
STOCK RECOVERY GETS ITS GROOVE BACK
Chief Investment Officer John Augustine shared our thoughts on the market rebound.Read Article
Spotlight in the News
- Bloomberg: Are we in store for a good new year?
John Augustine, chief investment officer, discusses 2018 predictions. Watch Video
- Bloomberg: FOMO comes to Wall Street, Financial strategists, including John Augustine, our chief investment officer, discuss the fear of missing out (FOMO) on the "Great Market Melt-Up." Read Now
- CNBC: S&P 500 earnings set to be robust this year, 1/17/18, S&P 500 earnings are expected to rise and the energy sector could prove to be a wild card, says John Augustine, chief investment officer. Watch Video
Economy in Focus
- Economy in Focus: Q3 2017 Indicators pointed to continued economic growth in the near term horizon. Read article
- Economic Outlook July 2017 Our outlook for 2017 has not changed significantly since the beginning of the year, but we are seeing the underlying sectoral trends come into clearer focus. Read article
- Economic Outlook March 2017 Our outlook for 2017 has not changed significantly since the beginning of the year, but we are seeing the underlying sectoral trends come into clearer focus. Read article
- Economic Outlook January 2017 Consumer spending growth is expected to slow somewhat from the last 2 years, but remain at a relatively solid pace of 2.4%. Read article
- 3rd Quarter 2017 Review The third quarter of 2017 provided investors with generally above-average returns, adding to gains for the year. Read article
- 2nd Quarter 2017 Review The second quarter of 2017 provided financial market investors with decent returns: Major domestic stock indexes gained in the 1-3% range – led higher by healthcare stocks. Major international stock indexes achieved gains in the 6% range. Read article
- 1st Quarter 2017 Review The 2017 1st Quarter rewarded investors in balanced portfolios with respectable returns. According to Lipper, the average balanced mutual fund returned 4.17% during the quarter. Read article
- Barron's: 3 growth stocks for all seasons, 9/26/2017, John Augustine discusses three growth stocks for all seasons and how these blue chips hold appeal for a wide variety of investors. Watch Video
- CNBC: This year's bewilderment: Investor, 7/24/17, John Augustine weighs in on lower than expected oil and commodity prices. Watch Video
- Bloomberg: Not seeing recession risk, 6/16/17, John Augustine, our chief investment officer, with his forecast for regional banks and interest rates, and the wish list of items that financial organizations have submitted to overhaul financial rules. Watch Video
- CNBC: The economy is a little over lukewarm, 6/2/17, Huntington's chief investment officer, John Augustine, weighs in on the markets and the latest jobs report. Watch Video
Huntington Private Bank℠ is a team of professionals dedicated to delivering a full range of wealth and financial services. The team is comprised of Private Bankers, who offer premium banking solutions, Wealth and Investments Management professionals, who provide, among other services, trust and estate administration and portfolio management from The Huntington National Bank, and licensed investment representatives of The Huntington Investment Company, who offers securities and investment advisory services. Huntington Private Bank℠ is a service mark of Huntington Bancshares Incorporated.
Huntington Investment Company, a registered broker dealer, member FINRA/SIPC, and a registered investment adviser with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). The Huntington Investment Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Huntington Bancshares Incorporated.
Insurance products are offered by Huntington Insurance, a subsidiary of Huntington Bancshares Incorporated and underwritten by third party insurance carriers not affiliate with Huntington Insurance.
Trust and investment management services are provided by The Huntington National Bank, a national bank with fiduciary powers. The Huntington National Bank is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Huntington Bancshares Incorporated.
Investment, Insurance and Trust products are: NOT A DEPOSIT • NOT FDIC INSURED • NOT GUARANTEED BY THE BANK • NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY • MAY LOSE VALUE
Still Have Questions?
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, let us know. We’re ready to help in person, online or on the phone.