Banking & Investing News
John Augustine on Bloomberg
More Insights from Our Private Bank Team
Stock valuations hover at lows for the year
Chief Investment Officer, John Augustine joins the 'Closing Bell' team to discuss the market after the bell.Watch Now
TOP-10 MARKET & ECONOMIC INSIGHTS
A list of current perspectives and actions on the mind of the Investment Management Team in this complex environment.Read Article
Spotlight in the News
- Bloomberg Radio: We Might Buy This Dip, 6/26/18, Chief Investment Officer John Augustine had an insightful conversation about market predictions for the remainder of 2018. Listen Now
- Cheddar: Dow Closes Down Over 300 Points, 5/25/18, Chief Investment Officer John Augustine joined Cheddar to discuss the market meltdown. Watch Video
- Smart Business: Understanding the stages of the financial life cycle, 4/27/18, Senior Vice President Robert Klug spoke with Smart Business about a comprehensive approach to wealth management for business owners. Read Now
Economy in Focus
- Economy in Focus: Q2 2018 A focus on economic growth, inflation and trade. Read PDF
- Economy in Focus: Q1 2018 A focus on economic growth, inflation and trade. Read PDF
- Economy in Focus: Q4 2017 Top 10 Investment Predictions for 2018. Read PDF
- Economy in Focus: Q3 2017 Indicators pointed to continued economic growth in the near term horizon. Read PDF
- Economic Outlook July 2017 Our outlook for 2017 has not changed significantly since the beginning of the year, but we are seeing the underlying sectoral trends come into clearer focus. Read PDF
- Economic Outlook March 2017 Our outlook for 2017 has not changed significantly since the beginning of the year, but we are seeing the underlying sectoral trends come into clearer focus. Read PDF
- 1st Quarter 2018 Review The major focus of the first quarter of 2018 has been managing volatility. Read summaries from our experts on the economy, fixed income and equity markets and how we're keeping our focus for the rest of the year. Read PDF
- 4th Quarter 2017 Review There was a change in view for business, the economy and corporate earnings during the fourth quarter. Read PDF
- 3rd Quarter 2017 Review The third quarter of 2017 provided investors with generally above-average returns, adding to gains for the year. Read PDF
- 2nd Quarter 2017 Review The second quarter of 2017 provided financial market investors with decent returns: Major domestic stock indexes gained in the 1-3% range – led higher by healthcare stocks. Major international stock indexes achieved gains in the 6% range. Read PDF
- 1st Quarter 2017 Review The 2017 1st Quarter rewarded investors in balanced portfolios with respectable returns. According to Lipper, the average balanced mutual fund returned 4.17% during the quarter. Read PDF
- Bloomberg: Crash Course in Market Timing Shows Cost of Being Wrong at the Tops, 4/5/18, Chief Investment Officer John Augustine shares our perspective on the topic, such as the cost of "bailing too soon." Read Now
- Forbes: Forbes Features Huntington Insights on Market, Economy, 3/14/18, Chief Investment Officer John Augustine talks to Forbes about three big factors impacting the markets and what they mean for investors. Listen Now
- Bloomberg: Stock Recovery Gets Its Grove Back, Chief Investment Officer John Augustine shared our thoughts on the market rebound. Read Now
- CNN: Strong start to 2018; how long will it last? John Augustine, chief investment officer, discusses 2018 predictions. Watch Video
- Bloomberg: Are we in store for a good new year?
John Augustine, chief investment officer, discusses 2018 predictions. Watch Video
- Bloomberg: FOMO comes to Wall Street, Financial strategists, including John Augustine, our chief investment officer, discuss the fear of missing out (FOMO) on the "Great Market Melt-Up." Read Now
- CNBC: S&P 500 earnings set to be robust this year, 1/17/18, S&P 500 earnings are expected to rise and the energy sector could prove to be a wild card, says John Augustine, chief investment officer. Watch Video
Huntington Private Bank℠ is a team of professionals dedicated to delivering a full range of wealth and financial services. The team is comprised of Private Bankers, who offer premium banking solutions, Wealth and Investments Management professionals, who provide, among other services, trust and estate administration and portfolio management from The Huntington National Bank, and licensed investment representatives of The Huntington Investment Company, who offers securities and investment advisory services. Huntington Private Bank℠ is a service mark of Huntington Bancshares Incorporated.
Huntington Investment Company, a registered broker dealer, member FINRA/SIPC, and a registered investment adviser with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). The Huntington Investment Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Huntington Bancshares Incorporated.
Insurance products are offered by Huntington Insurance, a subsidiary of Huntington Bancshares Incorporated and underwritten by third party insurance carriers not affiliate with Huntington Insurance.
Trust and investment management services are provided by The Huntington National Bank, a national bank with fiduciary powers. The Huntington National Bank is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Huntington Bancshares Incorporated.
Investment, Insurance and Trust products are: NOT A DEPOSIT • NOT FDIC INSURED • NOT GUARANTEED BY THE BANK • NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY • MAY LOSE VALUE
Still Have Questions?
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, let us know. We’re ready to help in person, online or on the phone.