The Economy in Focus: Q3 2017
Indicators point to continued economic growth in the near term horizon
This report reviews 10 economic indicators that should provide clues as to whether the economy is headed towards expansion or recession. Some of the results may surprise you.
- Unemployment Insurance: Initial Claims
- Treasury Yield Curve
- Quality Spread: High Yield Corporate over Treasury
- Real GDP: Q4 to Q4 Percent Change
- National Income Corporate Profits Growth
- Non-farm Proprietor's Income Growth (Small Business)
- Real Personal Income Growth excluding current transfer receipts
- New Private Housing Permits
- Consumer Non-mortgage Delinquency Rate
- U. of M. Consumer Expectations
We examine each of these indicators in the following report.