Servicemembers Civil Relief Act
The Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) provides military members, reservists and members of the National Guard with a wide range of legal protections and benefits while on active duty. These include:
- Capping interest rates at 6% for certain loans and lines of credit
- Protection from foreclosure or repossession
- Protection from default judgments
For a complete list of benefits, consult your military resources or an attorney.
How to Request Protection Under SCRA
To request protection under SCRA, you’ll need to provide a written request for SCRA Protection and one of the following to Huntington:
- Military orders putting customer on active duty; or
- DD Form 214 – Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty; or
- DD Form 4 – Enlistment/Reenlistment Document Armed Forces of the United States; or
- A letter from the executive or commanding officer certifying the customer’s period of active duty service. The letter must be on official letterhead and signed by the executive officer or unit commander.
- If you are submitting a request on behalf of the servicemember, please submit your Power of Attorney documentation.
Submit your documents in one of these ways:
- Secure email:
Enter your contact information in the form below. Under "Additional Information," say that you want to submit your SCRA documents by secure email. We'll send you an email you can use to send us your documents following our secure mail instructions.
- Visit a branch
- Fax or mail:
The Huntington National Bank
Attention: Customer Advocacy, SCRA Management
7 Easton Oval EA1W02
Columbus, OH 43219
Fax: (877) 674-6738
Still Have Questions?
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, let us know. We’re ready to help in person, online or on the phone.
24 hours a day, 7 days a week.