The Economy in Focus
Second Quarter 2018
June 11, 2018
George Mokrzan, PH.D., Director of Economics
In this report we we address key areas of the economy that have received a great deal of attention recently, namely:
- Overview of our Economic Forecast for 2018 and 2019 featuring the expected continuation of the current economic expansion.
- Review of the most recent strong labor market data. Wage increases are probably on the way.
- Consumers reawaken in spring after a slowdown early in the year.
- A vibrant manufacturing sector, but capacity constraints are creating challenges.
- Housing looks hot, but risk of overheating are still low.
Is yeild curve inversion a concern? Probably not.
- The international economy hits some speed bumps in 2018.
- Private Sector Non-residential Investment — more than one typically thinks about.
Read the entire report
Huntington Private Bank® is a team of professionals dedicated to delivering a full range of wealth and financial services. The team is comprised of Private Bankers, who offer premium banking solutions, Wealth and Investments Management professionals, who provide, among other services, trust and estate administration and portfolio management from The Huntington National Bank, and licensed investment representatives of The Huntington Investment Company, who offers securities and investment advisory services. Huntington Private Bank® is a federally registered service mark of Huntington Bancshares Incorporated.
Huntington Investment Company, a registered broker dealer, member FINRA/SIPC, and a registered investment adviser with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). The Huntington Investment Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Huntington Bancshares Incorporated.
Insurance products are offered by Huntington Insurance, a subsidiary of Huntington Bancshares Incorporated and underwritten by third party insurance carriers not affiliate with Huntington Insurance.
Trust and investment management services are provided by The Huntington National Bank, a national bank with fiduciary powers. The Huntington National Bank is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Huntington Bancshares Incorporated.
Investment, Insurance and Trust products are: NOT A DEPOSIT • NOT FDIC INSURED • NOT GUARANTEED BY THE BANK • NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY • MAY LOSE VALUE