The Economy in Focus
Third Quarter 2019
October 10, 2019
George Mokrzan, PH.D., Director of Economics
In this edition of the Economy in Focus:
- The Huntington Private Bank Economic Forecast—Slower but steady United States growth but a weak international economy
- The Yield Curve returns to the spotlight in the third quarter, but signal not as clear as in the past
- Consumer Health—the strongest consumer financial capacity in nearly 2 decades
- Housing Gets a Lift—Housing markets growing again
- Businesses have mixed performance in the Third Quarter—Service Sector Growing More Slowly, Manufacturing Contracts for the first time since the first quarter of 2016
- The Tariffs on Imports from China in Context: A look back on the bigger picture
Read Full Report (pdf)
Huntington Private Bank® is a team of professionals dedicated to delivering a full range of wealth and financial services. The team is comprised of Private Bankers, who offer premium banking solutions, Wealth and Investments Management professionals, who provide, among other services, trust and estate administration and portfolio management from The Huntington National Bank, and licensed investment representatives of The Huntington Investment Company, who offers securities and investment advisory services. Huntington Private Bank® is a federally registered service mark of Huntington Bancshares Incorporated.
Huntington Investment Company, a registered broker dealer, member FINRA/SIPC, and a registered investment adviser with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). The Huntington Investment Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Huntington Bancshares Incorporated.
Insurance products are offered by Huntington Insurance, a subsidiary of Huntington Bancshares Incorporated and underwritten by third party insurance carriers not affiliate with Huntington Insurance.
Trust and investment management services are provided by The Huntington National Bank, a national bank with fiduciary powers. The Huntington National Bank is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Huntington Bancshares Incorporated.
Investment, Insurance and Trust products are: NOT A DEPOSIT • NOT FDIC INSURED • NOT GUARANTEED BY THE BANK • NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY • MAY LOSE VALUE