Social Media Community Guidelines
Welcome. Huntington is a bank that’s committed to its communities. We’re deep-rooted in cities and towns throughout our six state service area, and we were founded in the Midwest almost 150 years ago. Now, we’d like to introduce you to another community we’re a part of – the social community.
We participate in social media to provide a forum to our customers, current and future, to talk. Have a question about our branches? We’ll answer it. Want to learn how to be a better saver or spender? We’ll share it. Want to keep up on Huntington in the news? We’ll post it. Just want to share your experiences – good or bad? We’ll listen.
For our social media communities to be the best they can be, we need to share some ground rules and guidelines for participation. After you’ve reviewed the Basics, don’t forget to check out our full terms under the Details section below.
1. Be respectful
- We welcome conversations, and we welcome honest and open feedback; however, please refrain from using obscenities, profanity or making any comments that are illegal, offensive, abusive, defamatory or harmful.
2. Protect your identity
- Social media sites are public. In order to protect the security of your personal and financial information, don’t post anything you wouldn’t share publicly. Never share your Social Security Number, online banking information, account numbers, debit or credit card numbers. We’ll never ask for any personal information from our customers on our social media sites.
3. Stay on topic and don’t spam
- Repeated message blasts and off-topic comments disrupt the strength and value of the community. Posts that appear to be spam will be deleted and the users who are posting spam messages may be blocked.
4. Keep it constructive
- We welcome helpful feedback on how we can make our services and your experience better. And if you have an issue with Huntington, or our products and services, we’re happy to listen. We look forward to responding to constructive, thoughtful posts and comments made on our social pages. If you have a specific issue, please feel free to contact us directly at 1.800.480.BANK (2265) to talk, or stop by one of our branches where our bankers would be happy to assist you.
5. Keep things legal
- When engaging with our social media channels you agree to comply with all applicable laws and use these communities for lawful purposes only. Don’t post content that you don’t own. See our full terms below in the Details section for information on how to notify us if you believe that your own copyrighted work has been posted to our site without your permission.
6. Consider the privacy of our colleagues
- We know our customers have great relationships with their bankers and branches, and we encourage you to give a “shout out” if one is due. We do our best to provide our customers with excellent service. If you feel we’re not, we hope you will contact us directly at 1.800.480.BANK (2256) to talk about the issue. Please respect these individuals’ privacy – and hold back from posting any personally identifiable information about our colleagues.
- As community managers, we reserve the right to remove, hide or delete any posts that violate our guidelines or terms and conditions.
8. Monitoring & Contacting Us
- We work hard to monitor all of our social media channels daily, during the hours of 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. ET Monday – Friday and 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, with the exclusion of all bank holidays. While we sometimes might respond after normal business hours, we cannot guarantee we will be able to resolve issues until close of the following business day.
- For any issues concerning your personal accounts, you must contact our colleagues at Huntington – our customer service team is ready to help with any account questions or issues you may be having via phone 24/7 at 1.800.480.BANK (2265), in our branches or through your online account.
- If your issue is related to online banking, mobile banking or online account issues – please call our online support team at 1.877.932.2265.
- If you have a specific social media issue, we’ll ask you to email our social media team at email@example.com with a description of the issue and your contact information (no account numbers please) where you can best be reached. This email box is monitored 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET Monday – Friday and 8 a.m - 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, with the exclusion of all bank holidays.
- A full listing of contact information for all of our segments can be found on our website, under the “Contact Us” link. Additionally, use the Ask Huntington search function on www.huntington.com to view answers to some common questions we receive.
9. Huntington Colleagues on Social
- Huntington colleagues are required to self-identify if posting about Huntington-related items. Colleagues should refer to the Social Media Policy in their Employee Handbook for more guidelines.
The official voice of Huntington Bank is the social media page owner, posting as Huntington National Bank. If you feel someone is posting falsely as Huntington – please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full Terms and Conditions
When you use comment, post, view, access or otherwise participate in any of our social media communities or sites (“Site(s)”) you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (“Terms”). Our Terms are subject to change and any changes will be incorporated into these Terms and posted to our Sites from time to time. If you do not agree with these Terms, please do not use our Sites. Our Sites are provided by Huntington National Bank or one of its affiliates (“HNB”).
General Site Use
Our Sites are public and anything you post can be viewed by others. You should never post, nor will we ever ask you for, personal or confidential information on our Sites. For example, never disclose your account number, Social Security Number, passwords, PINs or any other personal information.
The information on our Sites is for informational purposes only. Any conversations between us on our Sites do not change or alter any agreements that we have with you as a customer.
User Generated Content Licenses
By posting content to our Sites, including, but not limited to, messages, comments, photographs, images, questions, videos, your and/or other persons’ name, likeness, voice or appearance (“User Generated Content,” “UGC,” or “Content”) you grant to HNB a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, unconditional, fully paid right and license to use, reproduce, publish, modify, create derivative works, distribute, and/or sell, license, sub-license or lend your UGC.
User Generated Content Warranties and Prohibited Content
You represent and warrant that you will not take any action interfering with the rights granted to HNB under these Terms, nor will you post any objectionable or prohibited content (“Prohibited Content.”) While HNB reserves its right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to determine what Content is prohibited, Prohibited Content generally includes Content which (1) encourages or promotes gambling, the use of illegal drugs, pornography, prostitution, weapons, profanity, violence or the use of tobacco or alcohol; or (2) contains:
- Content that infringes upon the rights of any third party (trademark, copyright, publicity or other rights);
- Indecent, defamatory, obscene, slanderous, unlawful, deceptive or fraudulent Content;
- Discriminatory, hateful or disparaging content based upon gender, age, race, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, religion, political orientation, national origin, or similar;
- Spam which includes repeated Content or other off-topic comments including advertisements or reference to non-HNB products, services, websites, etc.;
- Personal or confidential information;
- Content that contains malware, virus or other malicious components; or
- Content that conflicts with or is prohibited by these Terms.
User Generated Content Disclaimer of Liability
HNB reserves the right, but is not obligated, to monitor and/or remove any UGC at any time as it deems appropriate in its sole and absolute discretion. HNB does not guarantee the accuracy of and is not responsible for any UGC, including any UGC posted by employees who are not authorized to post UGC on behalf of HNB.
Intellectual Property Rights
HNB content provided on our Sites is owned by HNB unless otherwise indicated. Unless otherwise stated within these Terms, no license is granted to any of the content on our Sites and you many not copy, modify, license to a third party, distribute, alter or otherwise use such content without HNB's prior written consent, except as otherwise permitted by law.
HNB is committed to responding quickly to claims of copyright infringement. If you believe that any content on our Sites infringes on your copyright, please notify us via the process outlined below. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), when we receive proper notice, we will promptly remove or disable access to the alleged infringing content and terminate access of repeat infringers.
1. Notice of Alleged Copyright Infringement:
If you believe that your work has been copied in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, you should notify our Designated Agent with a written communication as set forth in the DMCA, 17 U.S.C. section 512(c)(3) with the following information:
a. Identify in sufficient detail the copyrighted work that you believe has been infringed so that we can locate the content. If multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, you may provide a representative list of such works at that site.
b. Identify the URL or specific location on the Site that contains the material that you believe infringes on your copyright described in “a” above. You must provide us with reasonably sufficient information to locate the alleged infringing material.
c. A physical or electronic signature of the owner or a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyrighted material.
d. Your name, address, telephone number and email address.
e. A statement that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.
f. A statement by you that the information contained in your notice is accurate and that you attest under the penalty of perjury that you are the copyright owner or that you are authorized to act on the owner’s behalf;
Send your Notification of Alleged Copyright Infringement to our Designated Agent by mail, fax, or E-Mail to:
Huntington Bank Copyright Manager
Huntington National Bank
41 S. High St
Columbus, OH 43215
Please note that this notice will also be provided to the individual who provided the alleged infringing content.
2. Counter Notification: If you believe that your copyrighted content has been removed by mistake, you may submit a written Counter Notification to our Designated Agent (contact info above) pursuant to 17 U.S.C. section 512(g)(2) and (3). Your Counter Notification must contain the following:
a. Description of the material that has been removed or disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or disabled.
b. Your name, address, telephone number, email address, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located and that you will accept service of process from the persons who submitted the Notification of Alleged Copyright Infringement.
c. A statement that under penalty of perjury you have a good faith belief that the material in question was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
d. Your physical or electronic signature.
Send your Counter Notification to:
Huntington Bank Copyright Manager
Huntington National Bank
41 S. High St
Columbus, OH 43215
Third Party Sites
Links to non-HNB sites are provided because we think you may find the information on the third party site useful; however, HNB has no control over the content on these sites and does not necessarily endorse the site or content it contains. If you choose to visit a site not controlled by HNB, we make no warranties related to the content including its accuracy, nor do we claim that the third party site’s content is free from any claims of copyright, trademark or other infringement of the rights of any third party or that the content is free of viruses.
Termination, Changes and Disclaimers of Warranties
We may terminate our Sites or change them at any time without prior notice or liability to you. Access to our Sites may from time to time be unavailable, limited or slowed. Our Sites (including all content and materials contained on the site) are provided “AS IS” and HNB disclaims all warranties and representations of any kind with regard to the Sites, include those related to the accuracy, completeness, non-infringement, of intellectual property rights or quality of any content on the Sites regardless of who posted it. Please note that we may not regularly monitor our Sites and some of the content found on our Sites may be from employees that are not authorized administrators of the Sites.
Limitation of Liability
Under no circumstances will HNB be liable for any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of any use of or inability to use our Sites, even if HNB has been advised of the possibility of such damage.
Disclaimer of Liability and Indemnity
HNB will not be responsible or liable for any losses or damages of any kind incurred as a result of, or in connection with, your use of our Sites, your UGC, or your failure to otherwise comply with these Terms. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless HNB, its officers, employees and agents, from any and all losses, injuries, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) from any claims arising out of your acts or omissions, including claims of any breach of these Terms or your UGC (including any intellectual property infringement claims that result from your UGC).
Except where prohibited, you agree that any disputes or claims arising in connection with our Sites or these Terms shall be governed by the laws of the State of Ohio.