Use Apple Pay® with Your Huntington Account
Looking for a bank that supports Apple Pay? Use Apple Pay with Huntington and make your next purchase with your iPhone or Apple Watch. Just add your Huntington debit or credit cards to Apple Pay on your iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad, or MacBook. With a few clicks, you can pay securely – online and in-store – at retailers nationwide. Open a Huntington checking account or apply for a credit card today to receive your Apple Pay compatible card.
What is Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is a digital wallet on your Apple devices – it securely stores your credit and debit card information allowing you to pay for goods and services online and in person directly through your iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad, and Mac.
Benefits of Apple Pay with Huntington
For most Apple devices, Apple Pay is already pre-loaded, so no downloads are needed. Just add your Huntington debit or credit card information to the Wallet app and start shopping! To use Apple Pay, read our instructions on how to set up Apple Pay.
Using Apple Pay in stores helps you avoid touching buttons and terminals, handling cards, or grabbing cash, creating a seamless shopping experience.
Private, Secure Payments
When you make a purchase through Apple Pay, Apple uses a device-specific number and unique transaction code, so your card number is never stored on your device, and it’s never shared with merchants.
Where and How to use Apple Pay
If a store accepts Apple Pay, you'll likely see one of these symbols at checkout.
Apple Pay with Your iPhone
- Look for the Apple Pay logo or contactless payment icon at checkout.
- Unlock your iPhone.
- If your iPhone uses Face ID, double-click the side button to activate Apple Pay.
- When your default card appears, glance at your iPhone to authenticate, or enter your passcode.
- If your iPhone uses Touch ID, rest your finger on Touch ID to activate Apple Pay.
- Hold the top of your iPhone near the card reader at the point-of-sale terminal until you see Done and a checkmark on the screen.
Apple Pay with Your Apple Watch
- Look for the Apple Pay logo at checkout.
- Double-click the side button.
- Your default card should open automatically. Scroll down if you’d like to choose another card.
- Hold the face of your Apple Watch near the contactless reader at the point-of-sale terminal until you feel a gentle tap and hear a beep.
How to Pay with Apple Pay Online or in Apps
If a website or app accepts Apple Pay, you’ll see one of these images at checkout:
- To make your purchase with Apple Pay, tap one of the images.
- Apple Pay will automatically use your default card. To pay with a different card, tap the Next button or the Expand Menu button next to your default card.
- Verify your billing, shipping, and contact information and update if necessary.
- Confirm the payment on your iPhone by double-clicking the side button, then use your Face ID or passcode. If your iPhone doesn’t have Face ID, confirm the payment by using Touch ID or your passcode.
Discover Huntington Debit and Credit Card Products
Our checking accounts and credit card offerings are loaded with features designed to look out for you, and include a debit or credit card equipped for mobile payments. Open a checking account or apply for a credit card online.
Platinum Debit Card
Our debit cards offer contactless payments, identity theft resolution services, card lock features, and worldwide acceptance. Receive a platinum card when you open one of our checking accounts.
Cashback Credit Card
The Huntington® Cashback Credit Card lets you earn 1.5% unlimited cash back on every purchase in store, online, and everywhere in between.
Lower Rate Credit Card
Our lower APR Huntington Voice Credit Card® offers a lower interest rate instead of rewards or cashback. That means you can pay less with Voice℠.
Apple Pay FAQs
Answer: Apple Pay is accepted at over 85 percent of retailers in the United States. Learn more about who accepts Apple Pay and if you’re out shopping and unsure, you can always ask an employee or look for the Apple Pay logo at checkout.
- On your iPhone, open the Wallet App (if you don’t already have it, download it from the App Store).
- Click Add Credit or Debit Card.
- Click Next.
- Scan your card or add details manually.
- Your bank or card issuer will verify that your card is eligible for Apple Pay.
- Once verified, click Next.
Answer: Unfortunately, there can always be some level of risk when using credit or debit cards. That said, Apple has built-in security features to help keep your information safe. Every purchase uses a device-specific number and unique transaction code, meaning your card number is:
- Never stored on your device or Apple servers
- Never shared with merchants.
Transactions also require authentication through Face ID, Touch ID, or a passcode, and your card number and identity aren’t stored on your device. In the event your device is stolen, a purchase can’t be made through Apple Pay without authentication.
Answer: No, Apple does not charge fees for using Apple Pay.
Quick answers when you need them
Speak with Us
We are here to help
Find a Branch
Find your nearest Huntington Branch
‡‡ Retailers. Apple. n.d. “Apple Pay.” Accessed December 12, 2022. https://www.apple.com/apple-pay/
† 3x Rewards. Earn 3X rewards in the one category you choose from ten pre-selected categories, up to $2,000 in spend per quarter. You may select your category once within the first 30 days of opening a new account then again prior to the start of each quarter for the next quarter. Earn 1X rewards even after you reach the quarterly limit. Plus earn an unlimited 1X rewards on all other purchases. 10,000 rewards points equals $100.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone®, iPad® Apple Pay®, Touch ID® and Face ID® are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Mastercard and Mastercard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated.
Voice Credit Card® is a registered service mark of Huntington Bancshares Incorporated. Voice℠ and Huntington Voice Rewards Credit Card℠ are service marks of Huntington Bancshares Incorporated.