Huntington Alerts & Text Banking
Huntington Alerts and Text Banking are two separate services provided by The Huntington National Bank. Alerts may be delivered as a text message, email message or push notification. The types of Alerts available may depend on the products that you have with us. For example, some products are eligible to enroll in both text and email Alerts and some products are only eligible for email Alerts. By enrolling in Alerts or Text Banking, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Alerts and Text Banking are provided for your convenience only and do not replace your monthly account statement(s), which are the official record of your accounts.
- We may send messages through your communication service provider in order to deliver them to you. You agree that your communication services provider is acting as your agent in this capacity.
- We may send messages to you at any telephone number, e-mail address, mobile device (through our mobile app) or other delivery location (including wireless (mobile/cell phone) numbers) that you give to us or that we have for you or your account using any technology available including, but not limited to, prerecorded/artificial voice messages and/or automatic telephone dialing systems. We will determine in our sole discretion what information we make available through Alerts and Text Banking.
- Alerts and Text Banking may not be encrypted and may include personal or confidential information about you, such as your account activity or status. You agree to protect your communications device that receives information through Alerts or Text Banking and not to let any unauthorized person have access to the information we provide to you.
- Message frequency depends on user preferences and account activity but may be delayed, undelivered or otherwise impacted by factor(s) pertaining to your Internet service provider(s), phone carriers or other parties and we do not guarantee the delivery of messages or the accuracy of the information contained in the messages.
- We will not be liable for losses or damages arising from: (1) any disclosure of account information to third parties; (2) non-delivery, delayed delivery, misdirected delivery or mishandling of the messages; (3) inaccurate content in the messages; or (4) your reliance or use of the information in the messages.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, liability, cost and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising from your provision of a phone number, e-mail address, mobile device or other delivery location that is not your own or your violation of applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance. Your obligation under this paragraph shall survive after your applicable account is closed.
- Alerts and Text Banking are only available to customers who have an eligible account with us. While you must have an eligible account to use these services, once it is activated, if you have other types of accounts with us, you may have access to those other accounts as well.
- There is no separate service fee for Alerts or Text Banking but you are responsible for any and all charges, including, but not limited to, fees otherwise applicable to your account(s) and fees associated with text messaging imposed by your communications service provider. Message and data rates may apply. Such charges may include those from your communications service provider.
- TO CANCEL TEXT ALERTS OR TEXT BANKING SEND STOP TO 446622 AT ANY TIME. In response to your STOP message, you agree and consent that we or a third party acting on our behalf may send you a message confirming that you have elected to cancel. For help or information on these products, send HELP to 446622. You will never receive a message from us that asks you to send us any sensitive personal or financial information such as your social security number or your account number. If you ever receive such a request for sensitive personal or financial information, do not respond to the message and call us at 1-877-932-2265 to report the incident. For additional assistance, contact customer service at 1-877-932-2265.
- Push notifications can be stopped by following the prompts within our mobile app or through the settings of your mobile device.
These terms and conditions are in addition to, and do not supersede or replace, any other agreements applicable to any of your accounts with us including any online access agreements.
Huntington Fraud Alerts
Please Note: Huntington Confirm It. Huntington provides Confirm It fraud alerts that automatically notify you of suspicious activity on your credit and/or debit card accounts via text, email and/or automated phone call. You will not be charged for Confirm It texts. Message frequency varies and depends on card use. Mobile carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages. For more information, refer to our Voice Credit Card Terms and Conditions, the Deposit Account Agreement for your account type or call (800) 480-2265.
Credit Card Holders: You can opt out of Confirm It texts and/or automated phone calls at any time. Opting out applies to your credit card account and all cards associated with that account. To opt out of receiving Confirm It texts, text STOP to 49847. By texting STOP to 49847, you agree to one additional confirmation message stating you have opted out and will no longer receive messages from Huntington Confirm It. For help, text HELP to 49847. To opt out of automated phone call fraud alerts, call (800) 480-2265.
Debit Card Holders: You can opt out of Confirm It texts and/or automated phone calls at any time. Opting out applies specifically to your debit card number. Other cards associated with your Account will not be affected. If you are reissued a card with a new number, you will need to opt out again. To opt out of receiving Confirm It texts, text STOP to 49847. By texting STOP to 49847, you agree to one additional confirmation message stating you have opted out and will no longer receive messages from Huntington Confirm It. For help, text HELP to 49847. To opt out of automated phone call fraud alerts, call (800) 480-2265.
Still Have Questions?
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, let us know. We’re ready to help in person, online or on the phone.
To speak to a customer service representative, call (800) 480-2265, daily 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. ET.