How to Activate a Debit Card
You just received your new Huntington debit card but before you can start using it, you need to activate it. There are a few different ways you can do this – online, on the phone, or in-person at any Huntington branch. After your debit card activation is complete, you can make purchases, pay bills, and withdraw cash or make deposits at ATMs.
How to activate a debit card online.
Activating your debit card can be done in a few easy steps.
- To activate online, simply visit huntington.com and log into your account.
- Select the Customer Service tab at the top.
- Select Card Services and click Activate My Debit Card.
- Then enter the three-digit security code on the back of your debit card and click Activate.
How to activate a debit card on your phone.
You can also activate your debit card by using your phone. You can either use the Huntington Mobile app on your mobile phone or call (800) 480-2265, daily 6:00 a.m. to midnight ET.
- To activate your new card using your phone, open the Huntington Mobile app and log in.
- Click More, then click Manage Cards and select your card.
- Enter the three-digit security code on the back of your card and click Activate.
Other ways to activate a debit card.
If you prefer, you can also activate your debit card by visiting any Huntington ATM location, visiting a branch, or by using your card and PIN to make a purchase.
Learn more about debit cards
Huntington can assist with all your debit card needs:
Still Have Questions?
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, let us know. We’re ready to help in person, online or on the phone.
To speak to a customer service representative, call (800) 480-2265, daily 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. ET.