Banking & Investing News
Our team of economic professionals help to keep our clients up to speed on recent financial news and market outlooks so that they’ll have the information needed to manage and grow their wealth.
Huntington's chief investment officer, John Augustine, weighs in with his outlook for the Federal Reserve’s June meeting.
The 2017 1st Quarter rewarded investors in balanced portfolios with respectable returns.Read article
Spotlight in the News
- Bloomberg: Not Seeing Recession Risk, 6/16/17, John Augustine, our chief investment officer, with his forecast for regional banks and interest rates, and the wish list of items that financial organizations have submitted to overhaul financial rules. Listen Now
- CNBC: The economy is a little over lukewarm, 6/2/17, Huntington's chief investment officer, John Augustine, weighs in on the markets and the latest jobs report. Watch Now
- Fox Business: Switch it up this year: Buy in May, till November stay, 5/26/17, Our chief investment officer, John Augustine, explains our current thinking given market, economic and political factors. Read Now
- CNBC: Closing Bell Exchange: Equities the main actor on the stage, 4/6/2017, Discussing the current state of the markets with John Augustine, Huntington National Bank; Steve Grasso, Stuart Frankel; and CNBC’s Rick Santelli. Watch Now
- Wall Street Journal: Stocks Surge as Global Outlook Brightens, 3/2/17, John Augustine, chief investment officer, explains how Huntington is managing client portfolios now that the Dow has topped 21,000. Read Now
2016 Greenwich Excellence Award Winner for Wealth Management
- Economic Outlook March 2017 Change in Economic Growth Leadership in Early 2017 Our outlook for 2017 has not changed significantly since the beginning of the year, but we are seeing the underlying sectoral trends come into clearer focus. Read article
- Economic Outlook November 2016 Consumers leading the way Consumer spending continued to drive the U.S. economy in the third quarter, which grew 2.9% in the third quarter - the fastest pace since the third quarter of 2014. Read article
- Economic Outlook August 2016 Consumer spending improved in the second quarter But sluggishness in the rest of the economy kept GDP growth slow. Read article
- Economic Outlook May 2016 Emerging Risks in the International Economy The international economy will likely continue to pose risks to the U.S. economy in 2016. Read article
- Economic Outlook April 2016 Slow but Steady on the Backs of Consumers High inventories create headwinds to economic growth in goods producing sectors. Read article
- 1st Quarter 2017 Review The 2017 1st Quarter rewarded investors in balanced portfolios with respectable returns. According to Lipper, the average balanced mutual fund returned 4.17% during the quarter. Read article
- 3rd Quarter 2016 Review Consumer spending continued to drive the U.S. economy in the third quarter, which probably grew at its fastest pace since the second quarter of 2015. Read article
- 2nd Quarter 2016 Review The U.S. economy accelerated during the second quarter from the previous two quarters, but its performance remained mixed at the sector and industry levels. Read article
- 1st Quarter 2016 Review The U.S. economy is forecasted to return to a moderate pace of 2% real GDP growth in Q2 2016 through Q4 2016. Read article
- CBS MoneyWatch: Dow tops 20,000 mark after month-long tease, 1/25/17, The Dow Jones industrial average crossed the 20,000 mark for the first time Wednesday, with the blue-chip index reaching that threshold after hovering just south of it for more than a month. Read Now
- TheStreet.com: 3 Stocks Ripe for a Big Rebound in 2017, 1/19/2017, Nike, Disney and Amgen shares struggles in 2016. Here’s why they are ready to rebound in 2017. Watch Now
- Bloomberg: Huntington’s Augustine: Positioned for ’Inflationary’ Populism, 1/19/17, In-depth and insightful interview on a range of topics. Listen Now
- Bloomberg: Will Donald Trump suffer the GOP stock curse: a bearish 2017?, 1/19/17, Interesting historical look at previous administrations and their economies. Watch Now
Huntington Private BankSM is a team of professionals dedicated to delivering a full range of wealth and financial services. The team is comprised of Private Bankers, who offer premium banking solutions, Wealth and Investments Management professionals, who provide, among other services, trust and estate administration and portfolio management from The Huntington National Bank, and licensed investment representatives of The Huntington Investment Company, who offers securities and investment advisory services. Huntington Private BankSM is a service mark of Huntington Bancshares Incorporated.
Huntington Private Client Group℠ is a service mark of the Huntington Bancshares Incorporated.
Still Have Questions?
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, let us know. We’re ready to help in person, online or on the phone.