5 Social Media Strategies to Help Your Business Grow
Using social media is a great way to help your business grow; however, it requires focus and dedication to truly be effective. Let’s take a look at some strategies to use to grow your business using social media.
- Create quality content. There must be a reason for people to go to your website or your Facebook page. Learn what your audience wants and start creating content to push to them regularly. Link that content to your website or other sales tools you use to grow your business.
- Promote all your accounts. If you provide content for your Facebook page, make sure you have a link to your Twitter account as well, or even LinkedIn. The more you can link, the more “eyeballs” will review your message.
- Advertise on key accounts. If you have the budget to do so, consider creating ads that will entice people to “give you a try.” Put these ads on Twitter or Facebook, or any other type of social media format you believe will best reach your target audience.
- Stay engaged. It’s far better to be engaged with your audience on a frequent basis than to provide only one or two posts or tweets in a given month. One suggestion would be to outsource this responsibility to one of your employees or a trusted service provider to do so. The more interaction you can have with your target audience, the better.
- Follow others and comment on blog posts. Be sure you follow other businesses associated with your business and comment on blog posts when appropriate. The more “dialed in” you appear to be, the more followers you'll gain. It is also a good idea to find out what groups, sites or pages your target audience is most likely to visit and become actively involved with them.
You shouldn't jump into a social media strategy without good planning. You need to do your homework to find out who your target audience is and the best way to reach them using social media. Then, create a strategy to do so, follow up regularly on your plan, and stay engaged. Social media is a great way for you to be able to reach your target audience without spending a lot of money to do so, but it takes time and energy to make it truly an effective growth strategy for your business.