Secure Mail: Microsoft Purview Message Encryption.
At Huntington, protecting our customers’ data is a top priority. To help prevent the unauthorized disclosure of personal or financial information sent through email, we use Microsoft Purview Message Encryption (MPME).
How MPME Works
Microsoft Purview Message Encryption (MPME) is an application that uses encryption to help protect sensitive information from unauthorized disclosure. It also helps ensure that only the intended recipient receives the email by requiring the recipient to authenticate using the MPME system.
Opening Your Message
- When receiving an encrypted email from Huntington, the recipient will be prompted to select the “Read the Message” button within the email.
- The recipient will be directed to a sign-in page to view the message.
- Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, and Outlook users can sign in using their email login credentials.
- Users of all other email providers must use the "Sign in with a one-time passcode" option. The one-time passcode will be sent to the email provided and the recipient will be redirected to enter the code.
Responding to a Message
After opening the message, an encrypted response can be sent by selecting the “Reply” button within the email.
If you have questions or problems, additional support can be found at:
- Learn how encrypted messages work
- Open a protected message
- View encrypted messages on your Mobile Android Device
- View encrypted messages on your Mobile Apple Device
Download and print these instructions
We are here to help.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, let us know. We’re ready to help in person, online, or on the phone.
To speak to a customer service representative, call (800) 480-2265.