Check Block eliminates the risk of check fraud by automatically rejecting and returning paper-based
transactions – making the checking account only accept electronic transactions.
How does check block work?
Check Block works by designating your business checking account as an electronic-only account. This indicator placed on your business account restricts paper-based transactions, so those transactions will no longer be allowed to post to your account. Electronic and internal transactions will still post successfully.
Check Block will allow:
- Funds to be moved to and from the account using an internal transfer on Business Online.
- Most types of ACH transactions and wire transfers to post
- Bill Pay Transactions and ATM Card transactions to post
Transactions that will not post:
- Paper checks
- Over-the-counter withdrawals (counter checks)
- Paper drafts
- ACH debits, or entries resulting from the conversion of paper checks to ACH debits, such as:
- Re-represented entries (RCK)
- Accounts receivable checks (ARC)
- Point-of-purchase (POP)
- Back-office conversions) (BOC)
Our payment and fraud mitigation tools are designed to make it easier for you to monitor your payments so you can stay a step ahead of threats to your business's finances.
Explore Fraud Mitigation Tools
We have solutions for both electronic and check payments.
ACH Positive Pay
ACH Positive Pay is an electronic fraud mitigation solution that manages ACH debits and/or ACH Credits posting to your business account via blocks and filters.
If you don’t need to originate wires, eliminate the risk of wire fraud by blocking wire debits from posting to your business account.
Check Positive Pay
Check Positive Pay is a paper-based fraud mitigation solution providing detection of fraudulent, altered, or counterfeit checks through a verification of checks presented for payment against the customer’s check register.
Reverse Positive Pay
Reverse Positive Pay is a paper-based fraud mitigation solution for detecting fraudulent, altered, or counterfeit checks by posting a daily report of presented items (excludes Huntington Branch Cashed items) to Business Online.