Natural Disaster Assistance – Motor Vehicles
After a natural disaster, Huntington has resources that can help our loan customers through the insurance claim process for a vehicle, boat or RV damaged during the storms.
As the vehicle owner, you’ll first file an insurance claim with your insurance company. Once the insurance company surveys the damage, they will decide whether the vehicle is a total loss or if it is repairable.
If the Vehicle is a Total Loss
Your insurance company will contact Huntington’s Loan Customer Service at (800) 445-8460 and request a Letter of Guarantee. This document indicates the amount the insurance company will pay to Huntington in return for the title/lien on your unrepairable vehicle.
We will process the insurance request for a Letter of Guarantee within 48 hours, and then fax a copy to your insurance agent and mail a copy to you.
Your insurance agent will then issue a check directly to Huntington to be applied towards your outstanding loan balance. We will release the title/lien to the insurance company, which effectively transfers ownership of the vehicle from Huntington to the insurer. Please be advised that this may or may not fully pay off your loan with Huntington.
If the Vehicle is Repairable
If the damage to the vehicle does not qualify as a total loss, you will receive a check from your insurance agency to pay for repairs. The check will be payable to all insured parties, as well as Huntington Bank as the lienholder. Please take the following steps to complete your claim:
- After you receive the decision from your insurance agency, a repair facility can begin the repairs.
- Gather the repair facility invoice and if the repairs have already been completed, a letter signed by all insured parties stating the vehicle has been repaired to your satisfaction. If the repairs are not yet completed, you can fax the letter of satisfaction once completed to (888) 362-3821 or email it to Cash.Processing@Huntington.com.
- All insured parties listed on the insurance check should endorse it by signing on the back. Make sure you sign the name(s) listed exactly as they appear.
- Include your current contact information in case we need to reach you.
- Forward all documents and the endorsed insurance check to:
5555 Cleveland Ave.
Attn: Insurance GW1N10
Columbus, OH 43231
Once we receive the documents and the insurance check, we’ll review them within 24 hours. If any documents are missing, we will contact you.
If the documents and check received are satisfactory, Huntington will endorse the check and mail it to the repair facility.
We’re Here to Help
If you have any questions, please contact the Installment Loan Customer Service Department at (800) 445-8460, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. ET.
Other helpful phone numbers for your Huntington accounts or loans:Auto – (800) 445-8460
Mortgage – (800) 323-4695
Home Equity – (800) 992-2053
Credit Card – (800) 340-4165
If you are having difficulty making loan payments or have trouble making future payments, contact our Customer Assistance Team at (855) 463-0917, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. ET.