Servicemembers Civil Relief Act
The Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) provides military members, reservists and members of the National Guard with a wide range of legal protections and benefits while on active duty including limiting the interest rate to 6% on certain debts depending on federal and state laws.
Benefits & Protections
- Interest rate limit on eligible loans and lines of credit
- Protection from foreclosure or repossession
- Protection from default judgments
This is not a complete list of protections or benefits. Please consult with your appropriate military resources or an attorney.
How to Request Protection Under SCRA
To request protection under SCRA, you’ll need to provide a written request for SCRA Protection and one of the following to Huntington:
- Military Orders putting customer on Active Duty; or
- DD Form 214 – Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty; or
- DD Form 4 – Enlistment/Reenlistment Document Armed Forces of the United States; or
- A letter from the executive or commanding officer certifying the customer’s period of active duty service. Letter must be on official letter head and signed by the executive officer or unit commander.
You can submit your documents by visiting a branch near you. Use the branch locator below to find a branch near you. Or you can fax or mail your documents to the below fax number or address:
The Huntington National Bank
Attention: Customer Advocacy, SCRA Management
7 Easton Oval EA1W02
Columbus, OH 43219
Fax: (877) 674-6738
Still Have Questions?
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, let us know. We’re ready to help in person, online or on the phone.
24 hours a day, 7 days a week.