Natural Disaster Assistance – Residential Property
After a natural disaster, Huntington has resources that can help our loan customers through the insurance claim process for property damaged during the storms.
As the homeowner, you’ll first file an insurance claim with your insurance company. Once the insurance company surveys the damage and makes a decision on your claim, it will send a check payable to the homeowner(s) and, if applicable, to Huntington as the lienholder.
If you receive an insurance check that is also payable to Huntington Bank, please take the following steps:
- Gather all insurance-related documents including the insurance estimate detailing the amount of the claim.
- The homeowner(s) listed on the insurance check should endorse it by signing on the back. Make sure you sign the name(s) listed exactly as they appear.
- If you have already selected a contractor for repairs, forward the agreement, payment draw schedule (if applicable) and a W-9 for tax reporting purposes.
- Include your current contact information in case we need to reach you.
- Forward all documents and the endorsed insurance check to:
5555 Cleveland Ave.
Attn: Property Damage GW1N13
Columbus, OH 43231
We’ll review the documents and insurance check once we receive them. You’ll receive a packet of information from Huntington within 3-5 business days with detailed instructions and any additional forms that may need to be completed by you or the contractor.
Based on the draw schedule, Huntington will release funds to the individuals listed on the loan as well as to the contractor. The disbursement check(s) will be sent by certified mail to your mailing address or the address provided in the insurance-related documents.
A Huntington-approved inspector will contact you to arrange for an inspection(s) of your property to ensure work is progressing as planned. When the work is complete, Huntington will perform a final inspection, obtain all necessary documentation and release the final funds. Huntington will pay for all inspections.
We’re Here to Help
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (855) 463-0917, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET.
Other helpful phone numbers for your Huntington accounts or loans:Auto – (800) 445-8460
Mortgage – (800) 323-4695
Home Equity – (800) 992-2053
Credit Card – (800) 340-4165
If you are having difficulty making loan payments or have trouble making future payments, contact our Customer Assistance Team at (855) 463-0917, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. ET.