How to Use Apple Pay™.
If you’ve already set up Apple Pay, then you're ready to use it! Keep in mind that not all stores accept Apple Pay, so consult our list of Apple Pay stores before making a purchase.
Pay with Apple Pay in stores
If a store accepts Apple Pay, you'll see one of these symbols at checkout:
To pay with your iPhone:
- Place your iPhone near the card reader and place your finger on the Touch ID sensor
- This will automatically use the default card that you set up in your Wallet app (remember, you can use your Huntington Platinum Debit or Voice Credit Card®)
- To use a different card, tap the screen and choose another card
To pay with Apple Watch:
- Double-click the side button and hold your Apple Watch up to the card reader
- You'll feel a gentle vibration confirming your purchase
Using Apple Pay in apps or online
If an app or website accepts Apple Pay, you’ll see one of the following images:
- To make your purchase, tap one of the images within the app
- Verify your information
- For your first Apple Pay purchase, you'll need to enter your billing, shipping and contact information but after that, it will be stored in Apple Pay
- Place your finger on the Touch ID to confirm your purchase
- If payment is successful, you'll see a checkmark and Done on the screen
How Apple Pay works
Apple Pay is a secure payment system. Every transaction requires authentication through Touch ID or a passcode, and your card number and identity aren’t stored on your device. So even if your phone is lost or stolen, only you can authorize payments.
Plus, when you do make a purchase, credit or debit numbers are not shared with merchants. Only information you choose to share with the merchant to fulfill your order – such as name, shipping address, billing address – are sent to the merchant. Apple Pay keeps your transaction information private.
Apple, the Apple logo, and iPhone® are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Apple Pay™ and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple Inc.
Still Have Questions?
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, let us know. We’re ready to help in person, online or on the phone.
24 hours a day, 7 days a week.